Saturday, January 24, 2009

Total Defence Day

TOTAL DEFENCE DAY
This extract will tell you about - What will you defend? I don't really know what it is, however after my research of this What will you defend?, it is known that on 15 February 1942, the Japanese entered Singapore and invaded it. So, on this day, it is to remind Singaporeans to have a part to play in defending this country.
So as a part of non-Singaporean, non-Permanent Resident, I also want to play a very little part by defending the aspects of Mother Tongue.
How do I do that? As a Chinese Indonesian, I learn Chinese for my second language. Chinese is actually easier than English, because of its difference in grammar. In English, singular form must fit in to singular form, and plural to pluralk, but not in Chinese. However, to learn Chinese well, I have to learn up more than those taught ones. Actually, same goes for English. Chinese is only harder at the vocabulary section.
However, if I keep saying difficult and impossible, of course I cannot do it well. So, I keep telling myself to persevere and do not stop learning the second language. As long as I am attentive to my teachers, everything will go very well.
That is all about What will you defend? Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment